Donut Guys Hongdae

Monday, August 10, 2015

It seems like cupcakes have been out to steal the spotlight from doughnuts for the past few years. Personally, I've always been a cupcake girl, a little biased because cupcake is one of my favorite words, but the guys from Donut Guys are here to make sure that that's no longer the case in Seoul. Also, is it doughnuts or donuts? This always happens to me.... Like is it gray or grey? Moving on.

Pulling inspiration from gourmet doughnuts from the US, the menu of this tiny little Hongdae shop boasts fried dough as big as your face topped with chicken strips, burnt marshmallows, and coffee bits. Maybe not all at once though. There's a good mix of both sweet and savory. And they're not all doughnuts! They have grilled cheese, too!


Apparently doughnut's biggest fan approves, as well!

All the doughnuts begin with a generous spread of cream cheese icing, and are then hand topped with all the goods.

And, yes, I did order three. And, no, I wasn't planning on sharing.


Curious to see what I ended up getting? ;)


Their best seller Heaven's Door - chicken, bacon, jalapenos, Parmesan cheese


Mango Cheesecake - cream cheese icing, mango chunks, cheesecake crumble


Sweet Monkey - cream cheese icing, grilled bananas, caramel drizzle, pecans, graham crackers

Maybe I was pushing it when I ordered three... I felt full after one and sick after the second. I managed to finish it all. Don't look at me like that... We all have one of those days...right? Donut Guys has only been open for a few months now, so it's fairly empty for now, but just you wait until the word gets around! I'm predicting lines out the door.

Donut Guys 도넛 가이즈
Seoul, Mapo-gu, Seogyo-dong 340-6
서울특별시 마포구 서교동 340-6

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe