Cafe Slow Gangnam

Friday, May 08, 2015


I'm never in Gangnam and I don't know anything about Gangnam. I don't know where things are, what's good, what's not, and even though it's a mere 30 minutes from my place via the express train, just the thought of travelling across the subway map exhausts me, so I avoid it as much as I can. But then you have those people in your life who are so pushy and just insist that you come out just for oonnnee drink. Then that of course leads to two, and you know how it goes...

Minsu was that guy -_- but to make it up to me, we went to Cafe Slow. I've been here a few times before, and I remember loving the feel of the place every time I visit. It's somewhat hidden and you can't tell it's a cafe from the main street. But once you walk through a rather narrow entryway, you'll find yourself in at an outdoor patio completely encircled by the surrounding buildings. Decked out in exposed brick, lawn chairs, twinkle lights, and the smell of hookah in the air, it's absolutely what I needed after being a little hermit for weeks.

If the summer nights get too chilly, there's an indoor section with a pretty rad set up. The music is always great. None of that k-pop techno here, sorry if you're into that kinda stuff. Albeit the drinks can be a tad bit pricey, but it's Gangnam, so what do you expect? They also do brunch and coffee like an actual cafe in the day time, so you wanted, you could spend your entire day here from sun up (well, at least from 11 am) to sun down. 

Minsu and I caught up and he told me all about his dating shenanigans (he's been on, like, 26 blind dates in the last year wth...). Probably the most I laughed all week. 고맙다 이녀석아

But next time, we're meeting at Itaewon...

Cafe Slow 카페슬로우
Seoul, Seocho-gu, Secho-dong, 1308-12
서울시 서초구 서초동 1308-12
(02) 3482-0111


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe